It is getting cold and miso-nikomi udon is a great Japanese dish to keep you warm! Miso nikomi udon is known as a food from Nagoya in Aichi.
You can try 2 soups using red miso or white miso.
- Boil the udon and rehydrate shiitake in the water
- Cut the chicken to pieces, cut spring onion too
- Boil the water and add all the ☆ marked condiments to make the soup.
- Add chicken and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add spring onion, shiitake, (fried tofu), then drop the egg. Put the lid and boil till egg looks good.
- Sprinkle some shichimi