- 400g Diced beef
- 1 Tbsp shio-koji (salted rice malt)
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp Corn flour
- 1 Large onion
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 8 stalks Broccoli spears
- 1 Red pepper
- 2 bags (200g x 2) Fresh Udon
- 150ml Water
- 25ml Soy sauce
- 25ml Sake
- 2 heap Tbsp Hondashi (fish Dashi powder)
- 1/2 tsp Sugar Coriander (option)
- Sesame seeds (option) Pine nuts (option)
1. Marinate beef Marinate diced beef with Salted rice malt and 1 pinch sea salt for 15 minutes in a bowl. Coat with corn flour evenly.
2. Meanwhile prepare the vegetables Slice onion, garlic and red pepper roughly. Cut the broccoli spears into half.
3. Stir fry Apply the sesame oil in a fry pan and stir fry onion and garlic on low heat until the flavours are infused into the oil. Sprinkle one pinch sea salt. Add the beef and stir fry until slightly colour is changed.
Add the Udon noodle, broccoli and Hondashi, and pour the water, soy sauce and sake. Turn the heat up and bring it boil.
Once it boils, turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes with lid on. Add sugar and pepper and stir fry on high heat for 1 minute. Serve immediately. (Sprinkle sesame and pine nuts, and some coriander if you like)