Premium Wadakyu Katsuobushi Bonito Flakes 500g
プレミアム 和田急鰹節 かつお節 500g
Dried and smoked bonito flakes with dark red meat removed - PREMIUM!
Ideal for soups like miso soup, hot pots, soba and udon noodles, and toppings for things like takoyaki or okonomiyaki.
How to Make Katsuobushi Stock:
1. Bring 1000ml water to the boil in a saucepan. Add 40g of fresh Katsuobushi to the boiling water.
2. Simmer for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and wait a few minutes until the Katsuobushi has settled down to the bottom of the saucepan. Drain Katsuobushi through a sieve. You can wring out and reuse the Katsuobushi up to 24 hours later to make a second batch of stock.
3. Store the used Katsuobushi in the fridge before making a second batch.
4. Second batch of stock. Simmer the Katsuobushi used in the first batch with 500ml of boiling water for 5 minutes in a saucepan. Use less water for a stronger stock!
Store in cool, dry and dark place. Once opened seal the bag for freshness. and keep refrigerated at less than 8 degrees Celsius. Use within 7 days.
- Size: 500g
- Units Per Case: 1
- Packaging Material: Plastic
- Manufacturer: Wadakyu
- Cuisine: Japanese
Please note: As this product is imported from Japan, the best before date may be printed in the Japanese date format YY/MM/DD. If you are unsure, please contact us.