Tamasan Mochi Flour 200g
たまさん もち粉 200g
Mochiko is a sweet rice flour which makes it the perfect flour to make Mochi!
Mochi flour is a type of glutinous rice flour that is used to make traditional Japanese mochi, a chewy and sticky rice cake that is often filled with sweet or savoury fillings. Mochi flour is made from short-grain glutinous rice that has been soaked, steamed, and then ground into a fine powder.
Mochi flour is also used in other Japanese sweets and desserts, such as daifuku (sweet red bean paste wrapped in mochi), and dango (small sweet rice dumplings). It can also be used as a thickener for soups, sauces, and gravies.
100% Glutinous Rice
How to make 8 mochi balls:
1) In a heat-resistant bowl, mix 200g of the rice flour and 2 tablespoons of sugar, then add 260ml of water and mix.
2) Cover with plastic wrap and heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
3) Remove the plastic wrap and mix with a spatular moistened with water, repeat steps 2 and 3 three times.
4) Roll it into a ball of your choice, wrap it in red bean paste or filling of your choice, and enjoy.
Keep out of direct sunlight and keep at room temperature.
Made in Japan
- Origin: Japan
- Size: 200g
- Packaging Material: Plastic
- Manufacturer: Tamasan
- Cuisine: Japanese