Hi guys! In this Blog I'm gonna tell you all about the top ten healthiest products we have here at Sushisushi, I hope you like it and I hope it helps to motivate a bit of a health kick.
1) Natto - From the smell and the appearance, it's understandable that some people don't like it, but believe me, Natto is good! Natto is resistared as “food for specified health uses” in Japan. Nattokinaze which is only contained innatto, is said to prevent myocardial infarction (thrombolysis). It also decreases blood pressure. Nattocontains natto-lecithin and vitamin B, which are both good for the skin. Polyglutamic acid keeps your skin moist 10 times more than hyaluronan which is often contained to beauty products. Learn more about Natto here
2) Shirataki Noodles are often used as a pasta replacement but can be added to soups, stir-frys and much more to create a filling dish that is virtually calorie free, fat free, carbohydrate free, sugar free, gluten free and is also high in soluble fibre! Learn more about Shirataki here.
3) Nori – Not just for you to wrap your sushi in! Nori is a good source of Vitamins A, C and E. It also contains iodine which is a necessary nutrient for the thyroid. A healthy snack for a healthy price! Learn more about Nori here.
4) Tofu is a traditional food in an Asian kitchen. It is made from Non-GM soyabeans, contains 0% cholesterol and is lactose free. Mori-nu Tofu is great in salads, stir-frys and is an integral part to miso soup. Lern more about Tofu here
5) Green Tea – The Japanese love their green tea and drink it without any milk or sugar, some may say it has an acquired taste but green tea has plenty of health benefits. It is a powerful antioxidant, can help you lose weight, and really is good for helping you to relax. It also helps prevent blocked arteries and maintain normal cholesterol levels. Learn more about Japanese tea here
6) Shiitake Mushrooms are high in protein and low in calories, making them especially useful for vegetarians, and contain vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes. They have been shown to have anti-cancer qualities, and help to reduce cholesterol and blood pressure.
8) Miso (Miso Soup) is low in fat, has plenty of healthy protein and contains beneficial bacteria. These bacteria help digest, synthesize, and assimilate nutrients so necessary for good health and anti-aging. They also strengthen the immune system, keeping it at the ready to fight infection and cancer. Learn more about Miso here
9) Pickled Radish (Takuan) – Extremely beneficial to health, takuan is very rich in vitamin B. It is one of the most traditional of Japanese pickles and is named after the Buddhist priest who is said to have introduced the food.
10) Sesame Seeds - Delicious, crunchy sesame seeds are widely considered healthful foods. They are high in energy and contain many health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins, that are essential for wellness